Vermicelli Laddu - Semya Laddu
Vermicelli / semya is roasted in ghee till it turns golden brown in color. It is then cooled and ground into fine powder using a grinder. It it then mixed with ground nuts and sugar. The mixture is then made into lime sized balls with help of warm ghee.Makes:
around 5 Vermicelli Coconut Laddu.Ingredients:
Method of preparation:
- Vermicelli 1 Cup
- Sugar 1/4 Cup
- Green Cardamom 1
- Cashews 4
- Almonds 5
- Ghee 2 tsps
- Bruise the cardamom pods and grind the seeds into fine powder.
- Grind sugar into fine powder using a spice blender.
- Warm up the ghee and keep aside.
- Blanch the almonds and peel off the skin.
- Grind blanched almonds and cashews into fine powder.
- Heat half a tsp of ghee in a pan on low heat, add vermicelli and fry till vermicelli is golden brown in color.
- Cool the vermicelli to room temperature and grind it into fine powder using a grinder.
- Use a sieve to separate coarse vermicelli and grind them again into fine powder.
- Remove the ground vermicelli into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and cashew nuts and almonds powder to the mixing bowl.
- Mix well, pour ghee and form the mixture into lime sized balls.
- Can store vermicelli laddu in a jar for couple of days and serve as a snack.
Make sure to roast and grind the vermicelli well.Suggestions:
Adjust the sugar according to taste.