Whole cashews are deep fried in oil till dark golden brown in color. Once the cashews are removed onto a bowl, they are seasoned with red chili powder and freshly ground black pepper powder. Store spiced cashews in a tight jar and serve as a snack.
Makes: around 2 Cups of Spiced Cashews.
- Cashews 2 Cups
- Red Chili Powder 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder 1/8 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for Deep Frying
Method of preparation:
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium heat.
- Once oil is medium hot, fry the curry leaves, remove from pan and keep aside.
- Then add the cashews and fry on low flame for around 2 – 3 minutes or until cashews are dark golden brown in color.
- Divide the cashews into batches if the deep frying pan is small and can’t fit all the cashews at once.
- Remove the deep fried cashews onto absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, black pepper powder, curry leaves and salt.
- Store spiced cashews in a tight jar and serve as a snack.
Notes: Make sure oil is at right temperature.
Suggestions: If oil gets too hot, lower the flame and let the oil come to couple of degrees before adding cashews, else cashews burn as soon as they hit the oil.