Prawn Fried Rice
Prawn fried rice is a very popular dish found on the menus of all chinese restaurants and takeaways - Special fried rice. this recipe doesn't include eggs or pork;insted it contains prawns and an assortment of vegetables
- 4 cups of cooked (cold) rice (long grain variety)
- 1/4 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped vegetables (carrots, beans and capsicum)
- 1 cup sweet and sour prawn stir fry (recipe above)
- 1 tsp vinegar
- pepper pwd as required
- salt as required
- 1 1/2 tbsps sesame oil or peanut oil
Prawn Fried Rice Making Procedure:
- 1 Heat sesame oil in a large wok and once the oil is piping hot, add the spring onions and stir fry for 1 mt on high.
- 2 Add the rest of the vegetables and toss them on high heat for 3-4 mts.
- 3 Add salt and pepper pwd combine. Add the cooked prawns and toss. Cook on high for a mt. Add the cooked cold rice and combine well. Spread it all over the pan and leave on medium high for a mt. Combine again, spread out and leave on medium high for another mt.
- 4 Add vinegar and toss all the contents on high heat for a few seconds. Turn off flame. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens and serve hot.