Mirchi Curry is a very simple side dish to cook, and it goes well with anything. It is a very popular hyderabadi dish. It is made by sauting mirchies (long green chillies). It tastes yummy and spicy too.
- Green chillies---5 to 6
- Sesame(Nuvvulu) or peanuts(palli)---1tbsp
- Red chillies---5 to 6(depends on spicy how u eat)
- Coriander seeds---1tbsp
- Tomato---3 to 4
- Coriander leaves---1tbsp
- Slit the mirchi and remove the seeds and cut to 2 inch pieces.
- Put them in salt water till u have made the ingredients for about 10min.
- Make a powder of nuvvulu or palli along with red chillies,salt,dhaniya,jeera added .We can use tomato or tamarind for the gravy.
- Put oil in pan, add the popu ,add the mirchis and let it cook on slow flame with the lid.
- Now make a paste of tomato by grinding it or a thick paste of tamarind.
- When the mirchi colour turns from dark green to light shade,add the powder made from nuvvulu and others and mix it well.
- Now add tomato and let it boil and thicken,if needed add some water,or else use it like that only.
- Tastes great with chapathi or rice.