Crisp Chicken Wings
A fantastic recipe for crispy, crunch sweet-sour Asian chicken wings. A perfect party or football game snack!Recipe Ingredients
- 6 chicken wings-pricked 2-3 places
- 1 egg-slightly beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch / cornflour
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp salt
- oil for deep-frying
- Mix together the chicken, egg, cornflour, garlic and ginger paste, 1 tsp salt and enough water so that the chicken pieces are `coated' with the batter. Leave thus about 1 an hour.
- Heat the oil and deep-fry the chicken wings over high heat to begin with and then lower the heat till wings are almost cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Just before serving, heat the oil again and fry the wings in hot oil till brown, drain on absorbent paper and serve