Chana Dal Recipe
Learn how to make Chana Dal recipe using our easy to make homemade Chana Dal recipes. Try this homemade Chana Dal cooking recipe at your home.Ingredients:
- 1 cup chana daal
- 7 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp corriander powder
- 1 tblsp tamarind pulp
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Soak the chana daal in 4 cup water for 2-3 hours then wash and drain.
- Boil 3 cups water and the salt in a pan.
- Add the chana dal, cover the pan and cook over medium flame for 30 min.
- Stir the dal when cooked.
- Add cayenne, turmeric, cumin, coriander, sugar the tamarind pulp (skin & seeds removed).
- Stir well and allow to simmer uncovered.
- In a separate frying pan, heat the vegetble oil over low heat and add the mustard seeds and chopped garlic to it.
- When the oil gets hot, add the oil mixture to the simmering pot of dal.
- Immediately cover the pot and keep covered for 2 min. while the dal continues to simmer.
- Cook chana daal uncovered for another 5 min. and the dal is ready to be served with rice or bread.