Hot and Sour Soup
Hot and sour soup can refer to soups from several Asian culinary traditions. In all cases the soup contains ingredients to make it both spicy and sour
- 6 cups stock
- 1/4 cup corn flour dissolved in 1/2 cup water or the stock
- 1.5 tsp soya sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tsp chilli sauce
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tsp black pepper - mix together
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- Bring to stock to a boil and add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the carrots and cabbage, bring to a boil and serve.
Note: If you want Chicken Hot and Sour, use chicken stock and add cooked, cubed chicken when you add the carrots and cabbage.